- Handicaps are used in this match play, team competition.
- For example, one team of two has a combined handicap of 34; the other team has a combined handicap of 44. Subtract 34 from 44 and divide by 2 (44-34=10. 10 divided by 2 = 5). The team with the lower handicap of 34 gives the other team 5 strokes on the most difficult holes on the Women’s handicap section of the scorecard.
- All players hit from their respective tees. The team then selects whose drive to use. Alternate shots are played until the ball is holed.
- The team winning the most holes moves on to the next round.
- The losing team moves on to the consolation round.